Be an informed seller. Get an appraisal from Linn Appraisals.
If you're planning on putting your house on the market soon, an appraisal is a must. Don't think of an appraisal as purely an expense; it pays in the long run! Unless a homeowner spends hours every week on real estate valuation, like an appraiser, it's practically impossible for them to fully grasp their local real estate market.
It's tempting to want to base your home's value on how much you've spent buying and improving your home, or how much you want for it. Rather, an appraisal assesses your home's market value.
Once you break it all down, at the end of the day, your house is only worth what another person is willing to give you.
||Contact us for details regarding services specialized for home sellers.
Going to sell your home yourself?
Quite a few Texas homeowners are deciding to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the help of a real estate agent. But to do it right, with minimal waiting and for top dollar, you need a expert appraiser. It can be very difficult to get an objective opinion, and we understand that it can be very difficult to take an objective look at your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will inform you of what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a realistic asking price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
It can be surprising to people when they find out their home's value is more than they originally believed.
So taking the first step and spending a little on an appraisal allowed them to receive thousands more than they originally thought.
Alternatively, some people have an overestimated opinion when they put a value on their home, and by getting an appraisal it gave them the assistance they needed in order to set a more reasonable price for their home - allowing them to quickly sell it - rather than gathering dust on the market for months. An overpriced home causes buyers to back off, which means no offers and no closing, wasting your valuable time and draining your resources while your home sits on the market.
- Give you an advantage while bargaining once you have a potential buyer
- Impress buyers with written proof of the condition of your home inside and out
- Make you aware of issues and get rid of any overlooked repairs hassles that might delay a closing
- Decrease the chances of unrevealed problems that cause sales to flop
Get a comprehensive appraisal before listing
You might have a very experienced agent, but it's definitely a good idea to have an analysis of value prior to signing a listing contract.
Let Linn Appraisals help. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have an accurate writeup of your home's characteristics and a detailed analysis of the the newest and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
We also provide general consulting
If you feel like an appraisal is not necessary but you need assistance collecting local property and sales data, we
can provide assistance for your real estate concerns with services especially tailored for consumers with your real estate needs.
When you order an appraisal report from Linn Appraisals, you can expect....
- Immediate response to your initial inquiry: We personalize information to the needs of our customers. Just explain your situation, and we will give you suggestions.
- Quick turnaround for appraisals: Normally in a week's time or less from the date the request is received, we can have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Appraisal and consulting report presentations that suit YOUR needs:
When dealing with appraisal and consulting, one size does NOT fit all. We provide quite a few different report types and are experts at providing appraisals to clients that keep the industry jargon to a minimum and in an easy to read format with the general public in mind.
- Fast to follow-up questions: When we deliver a report to our clients, we make sure they are written in plain English, comprehensible to people outside the real estate industry, and adhere to the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that regulates the appraisal practice.
If you have any inquiries concerning your appraisal after you've read the report, just give us a call or email us!